BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual claim verification letter - take it to your Jobcentre or phone them.

+3
Absolut
Admin
ABC
7 posters

Go down

Annual claim verification letter - take it to your Jobcentre or phone them. Empty Annual claim verification letter - take it to your Jobcentre or phone them.

Post by ABC Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:15 pm

Gadily, I don't know if this is the right part of the forum for this. Can you move it if not please.

For those who have been claiming for a year or more, each year we get sent an annual claim verification form to fill in and return. Last year I filled in and returned the form only to receive a follow up letter claiming I hadn't sent it back to them. So I filled in and returned the second form they'd included in the letter and again they sent a letter saying I hadn't returned my form so my benefit would be suspended until I provided the information. It was quickly sorted after I phoned them and they took the information over the phone.

So this year I receive my claim verification form which I dutifully post back to them. They send a letter claiming that I have not returned it. I fill in and send the second form back to them and again they send a letter claiming I haven't sent it to them. Now this year I actually got a receipt from the post office for sending both letters so I was prepared for a fight.  I took the posting receipts and a copy of the second verification form I'd filled in to my Jobcentre expecting a great fuss and bother but the (new) work coach I was referred to said, "oh, we can scan that and send it for you and we'll send off the paper form as well just in case". No fuss, no bother, just the way it should be every time you have a problem with the Jobcentre or DWP but rarely is.

So, my advice, in future don't risk getting the runaround from the incompetents at the benefits centre, just take the form directly to your Jobcentre on your signing day and get them to scan and send it. Or, alternatively, if you can afford the phone call, call the number on the letter and give the info over the phone. Just don't bother sending the info back by post! Mad
ABC
ABC

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Annual claim verification letter - take it to your Jobcentre or phone them. Empty Re: Annual claim verification letter - take it to your Jobcentre or phone them.

Post by Caker Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:36 pm

.....an alternative is scanning it and emailing it to your district manager. That will be proof you sent it.

Last edited by Caker on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Annual claim verification letter - take it to your Jobcentre or phone them. Empty Re: Annual claim verification letter - take it to your Jobcentre or phone them.

Post by Absolut Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:40 am

Yep, good advice. There's no reason for a request to send paperwork via hott email to be refused either.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Absolut wrote:Yep, good advice. There's no reason for a request to send paperwork via hott email to be refused either.

youve just reminded me that some government systems do refuse to use certain email accounts so even if you did send it by digital it actually donst mena they may recieve it on there end due to there software refusing to except that email address
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:07 am

Admin' wrote:youve just reminded me that some government systems do refuse to use certain email accounts so even if you did send it by digital it actually donst mena they may recieve it on there end due to there software refusing to except that email address

When this happens, would you expect to get one of those 'undeliverable' auto response emails so you know that the server rejected your email?  If not, you just would not know if your email was delivered or not.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:17 am

Admin wrote:
Absolut wrote:Yep, good advice. There's no reason for a request to send paperwork via hott email to be refused either.

youve just reminded me that some government systems do refuse to use certain email accounts so even if you did send it by digital it actually donst mena they may recieve it on there end due to there software refusing to except that email address

HOTT email is their own internal delivery method.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Absolut wrote:HOTT email is their own internal delivery method.

I didn't know about HOTT. I have never heard/seen it mentioned before.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:32 am

https://www.pcs.org.uk/department-for-work-and-pensions/news/handover-and-telephony-tracker-hott-branch-feedback

In November 2011 HOTT (Handover and Telephony Tracker) was introduced in Benefit Centres to replace the Outbound Call Logger (OCL).

The purpose of OCL and HOTT is to manage each individual call to attempt to direct the call to the correct team to deal with the customer query and for them to respond within the 3 hour call-back time and to provide management with performance data so that performance and resources can be managed to an optimum level.

Last edited by Absolut on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Thanks Smile
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Hi, I have received my 2nd annual verification form (hurrah, I've been on the dole for 2 years straight!).

Last year, following the forum's advice, I phoned the DWP and they took my details over the phone.

Does anybody know if this is still available?

I wouldn't have a problem sending the letter but apparently the DWP has a history of not receiving letters at all.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:29 pm

Anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:57 am

Scan and email it to the district manager and ask for it to be forwarded to the relevant department (I have done that successfully in the past).
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Thanks Caker. In the meantime, I couldn't wait and I phoned the JSA helpline. After 50 mins wait, they took my verification over the phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Miguel1975 wrote:Thanks Caker. In the meantime, I couldn't wait and I phoned the JSA helpline. After 50 mins wait, they took my verification over the phone.

Good to read that you got it sorted.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Miguel1975 wrote:Thanks Caker. In the meantime, I couldn't wait and I phoned the JSA helpline. After 50 mins wait, they took my verification over the phone.

It's easier to take it in to the Jobcentre. They scan it and forward it. Two minute job. They automatically reject mine because I don't provide a telephone number but it always is accepted via the work coach even though it still does not have my number on it.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:52 am

I've recently done this too - asked work coach to scan it. I will see if it gets through ok.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:03 pm

ABC wrote:

It's easier to take it in to the Jobcentre. They scan it and forward it. Two minute job. They automatically reject mine because I don't provide a telephone number but it always is accepted via the work coach even though it still does not have my number on it.

So if it gets rejected what happens next?
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:21 am

Caker wrote:So if it gets rejected what happens next?

I never got to find out. The first time it happened few years ago I sent in another postal reply and I think shortly after I got a letter saying my payments would stop if I didn't respond. It was clear then that they were receiving my forms but not accepting them. So I took the form to the Jobcentre and they scanned and sent it and that was accepted, still without my contact number. I've taken the form to be scanned ever since and had no problems. They just like to play games and inconvenience you as much as thy can get away with. But they can't deny it's been received when it's been sent electronically through the Jobcentre.
ABC
ABC

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:04 pm

I got a similar letter yesterday 🙄, about the JCP 🚽 not getting my 'Annual claims letter' that i sent off in January ❗I am going to send this letter back via a 'registered mail' service. As i am not good on the telephone 📞. Also as mentioned above, i could get the JCP 🚽 to scan the document. However, i was told my local JCP 🚽, is very selective on whom is allowed in to see a roach clown, due to the current situation. Is this my best course of action?

On a side point, you would think with the current workload at the DWP 🚽, they would scrap the 'Annual verification claim'. The time and money they must waste doing it every year for the claimants? 🤔
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:23 am

Last time I received it, I was still on JSA. I rang the JSA freephone and I said I had lost the letter and I did it over the phone. I don't know how it works on UC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:06 pm

You would imagine you go and do it through the UC journal account? And tell the JCP🤡 of any 'changes' via an online form. Mind you that might be to easy for them, in the DWP 🚽 bunker....🙄
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:02 pm

sorry to dig up an old thread, i handed in my annual verification letter at end of march this year just after i had received it to be sent via internal mail as ive done in the past. month later got the letter saying we sent you out a letter as we haven't received it etc.

rang the number and they confirmed it was received by them actually and no need to resend it out. they also said it can be done fully on the phone.

(this is april 2023 so just in case others come across the previous advice it is still valid)

mandy tori

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:39 pm

No need to apologize #mandy tori. 😉

It seems to be a common tactic of the DWP🚽, to loose these 'Annual vertifcation' letters. That is why I use the Post office 'tracked' delivery, instead of the brown envelope provided. Yes it costs me💰 extra, but it is better than spending hrs on-hold to the DWPs 🚽, call center 🤤...
Pintel
Pintel

The Catwoman, mandy tori and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:05 pm

Does anyone know the criteria to be one of lucky recipients of these pointless annual verification letters? I've received one for years, yet I know people who have never received one.

To be fair to the DWP (bleaches brain after writing that) mine always used to be processed promptly, but since COVID they claim never to have received my completed form and I have to go through the whole pointless palaver again.

Thanks for the tip about doing it over the phone, mandy tori.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down